Friday, November 7, 2008

PETA - please end trashing all


 PETA- People For The Ethical Treatement of Animals - protesters showed up at Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's book signing in New York City for their new book, "Influence," on Tuesday, Oct. 28 acting completely crazy.

The activists were armed with grossly disturbing masks of the twins and signs reading "Trollsens: Fur Hags From Hell."  This behavior is all stemmed from the twins wearing fur clothing.

On PETA's website, they have a whole link dedicated to trashing the two celebrities for wearing fur clothes.  For Halloween they even sent masks of "Hairy-Kate and Trashley Trollsen" to anyone who gave them their mail address.  

Really, PETA? To me that is just as disgusting if not more disgusting than wearing fur in the first place.  The level they stooped down to is sickeningly low - especially when the website that featured the masks targets children.  What are we trying to teach them, here?  That name calling and the use of the words "hag" and "tramp" is completely okay?

It's not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a vegetarian, myself, and I think unethical treatments towards animals should be frowned upon.  The difference between PETA and me is that they take it to a completely different level.  

I believe that people are entitled to their own beliefs - if you want to eat meat, go ahead; I'm not going to hate you and badger you up the ass.  If the activists of PETA are against it, good for them - I am too - and if they want to try and sway people, that's awesome!  I like people who stand up for what they believe in.  But please, can we try going at it from a different angle?  Perhaps one that isn't so childish and outrageous? 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Kochanowicz said...

This is why I am so adamant to distance myself from PETA. And they have the nerve to call themselves (incorrectly) an animal rights organization.

November 8, 2008 at 3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home